The Amazon Echo has risen to be one of the most famous and recognized smart speakers. With this rise in fame comes the rise of everyone’s favorite AI -Alexa. Alexa is the Siri of the Amazon Echo ecosystem and lives up to her name with all of the fun Alexa tricks and quirks.
Alexa is arguably the most enjoyable part of using the Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Dot. Having the AI assistant offers a more human element to the smart speaker. Just like any fun and endearing software nowadays, she comes with a lot of cool things too!
Although some of Alexa’s tricks are more easily discoverable than others, there are a lot of amazing things Alexa does that are fun for the whole family! With countless updates and so much left to be found, the complete list of Alexa’s antics just doesn’t exist quite yet.
However, we have done our best to compile a list of all of the best Alexa Easter Eggs and funny tricks to entertain you and give you the most out of your Amazon Echo experience.
Like her competitors Siri and Cortona, Alexa is witty and smart. There are lots of clever little tricks hidden among Alexa’s programming that are just as entertaining as they are useful. There is something out there for everybody, but here were some fan favorites:
- Star Wars References: Whoever programmed Alexa was quite a fan of Star Wars. Go ahead, command her to speak like Yoda. Hours of entertainment for the nerd in your family.
- Simon Says: Getting her can say things can be entertaining for that 12-year-old at heart. Don’t worry though, there are some censors put into place to prevent anything too bad, but the bleeping can be just as funny.
- Virtual High Fives: Need a little boost to your ego? Ask for a high five! She can’t exactly give you one, but she sure does try.
- Rock Paper Scissors: If you are ever bored and find yourself without a friend, go ahead and play Rock, Paper, Scissors to pass the time.
- Fun Facts: She can also give a random fun fact whenever you are feeling a little bored. Go ahead and say “Alexa, tell me something interesting.”
- Countdown!: Need a dramatic countdown for any occasion? Alexa has got your back! Ask for a countdown for any specific fate and she will go ahead and get the drama rolling.
Alexa tricks and jokes aren’t the only thing that can make for an awesome Echo experience great. There are things you can do with the Amazon Echo itself that run along the lines of more functional tips.
- Teach it your voice: You can use voice training so that the Amazon Echo will recognize your voice better and make less errors.
- The perfect memo: You can use the Echo to make shopping lists.
- Assist in the kitchen: Have recipes read off the Echo for a hands-free cooking guide.
- Eating out: Not sure where to eat and in a rush? The Echo can look up information about restaurants for you with a simple voice command.
- Personal assistant: If you sync up your google calendar to the Amazon Echo, it will be able to give you your daily schedule.
- An easy remote: Using Alexa, you can control the volume of the Amazon Echo.
There are a lot of great things that the Amazon Echo can be used for. It is so much more than just a fancy speaker. Alexa’s tricks only make it more fun. Now is a better time than ever to introduce yourself to the world’s new favorite virtual assistant.
Products from Amazon.com